Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Tiny love

Our second day in the village was spent wandering around the mountains, going to visit different relatives homes. 

Most of the people had never seen a white person before, except for on television. They spoke of how they always wondered what white skin felt like. Everyone wanted turns holding and squeezing my hands and arms.  

One TINY woman took particular interest in me, and hardly left my side the entire time I was in the village. Ni Mong was Dawns aunt. 








Her parents died when she was young and she grew up in an orphanage. She clung to me and said that there had been a male white missionary in the orphanage who loved her like a daughter and was the closest thing she ever had to a father, and she said I reminded her so much of him and therefore she wanted to spend as much time with me as possible. 






No comments:

Post a Comment